27. In addition to the powers conferred on it by this title, a cooperative may also
(1) give to its members or auxiliary members, as the case may be, in payment of a portion of the price of produce delivered or services rendered to it, shares, bonds or other securities, up to ten percent of the price of such produce or services;
(2) sell its debts or book accounts, present or future, or payments due or accruing on its shares, in accordance with article 1571d of the Civil Code;
(3) pledge its property in accordance with articles 1979a to 1979k of the Civil Code;
(4) hypothecate, mortgage or pledge its moveable and immoveable property, present or future, in accordance with the Special Corporate Powers Act (chapter P-16) to guarantee the securities issued by it;
(5) pledge, hypothecate or otherwise give as security property delivered to it by its members if there is a contract between the cooperative and the members to that effect;
(6) retain, for the recovery of any claim it has against a person, any amounts it may owe him and apply them in compensation.