15. A room where cannabis smoking is permitted for research purposes may be set up in a research centre operated by
(1) a health or social services institution;
(2) a college- or university-level educational institution;
(3) a commercial cannabis producer; or
(4) a legal person that is a mandatary of the State and that participates in research activities in the field of health and social services.
The Government may, by regulation, determine other places where it is permitted to set up such a room.
Only persons who are research subjects may smoke in the room as part of research.
The standards prescribed in the fourth paragraph of section 13 or a regulation made under the fifth paragraph of that section apply to such a room.
The operator of a research centre or of any other place specified in a regulation made under the second paragraph must inform the Minister before beginning to use such a room.
In the case of a contravention of the third, fourth or fifth paragraph, the operator of a research centre or of any other place specified in a regulation made under the second paragraph commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $1,000 to $50,000. Those amounts are doubled for a subsequent offence.