251. The expenses of the Community, except expenses relating to a service governed by a special tariff, shall be apportioned among the municipalities in proportion to their respective fiscal potentials.
The Council shall establish by by-law the rules respecting the terms and conditions of the payment of the share of those expenses for the fiscal period contemplated in the budget.
The by-law may, in particular, prescribe for every situation contemplated in section 149 or 151
(1) the time limit for determining each share and informing the municipalities of it;
(2) the time limit for payment of the share or the dates when the instalments granted to pay it are due;
(3) the rate of interest payable on each share or instalment outstanding;
(4) the adjustments that may arise from the deferred adoption of all or part of the budget or the successive use of provisional and final data in the computation of the fiscal potential of a municipality;
(5) the date on which the data used to establish provisionally or finally the fiscal potential of a municipality are be considered.
Instead of fixing the rate of interest on a share or an instalment outstanding, the by-law may provide that such rate be fixed by resolution of the Council when its budget is examined.
For the purposes of the first paragraph, the words “fiscal potential” have the meaning given to them by the third paragraph of section 129.
Section 248 applies to the payment of such expenses.
1969, c. 83, s. 319; 1972, c. 71, s. 23; 1979, c. 72, s. 412; 1982, c. 63, s. 185; 1984, c. 32, s. 26.