237. In the year following the date on which a group of employees of one or several municipalities are actually transferred to the Community, the executive committee, after consultation with the associations representing the officers and employees for the purposes of making collective agreements, shall submit to the Council a plan for the total or partial integration of the departments relating to the exercise of the jurisdiction mentioned in section 93, comprising among other things:
(1) the stages of such an integration;
(2) the conditions for transferring to the employment of the Community officers and employees assigned to the above-mentioned departments of the municipalities in such a way that such officers and employees shall not receive from the Community salaries which are less or social benefits which are of a lesser value than the salaries and social benefits which they receive from the municipalities employing them, the whole subject to section 45 of the Labour Code (chapter C-27) in the case of employees within the meaning of such Code and of the associations certified to represent them;
(3) the property belonging to the municipalities and exclusively assigned by them to the above-mentioned departments that must be transferred to the Community, and the terms and conditions of such transfers of ownership in such a way that, as a minimum condition for such transfers, the Community shall repay to the municipalities the sums necessary for the service of the debt of any bond issue of such municipalities the proceeds of which have been used for the acquisition, construction or alteration of such property, after deducting any federal or provincial grant;
(4) the property belonging to the municipalities and partly assigned by them to the above-mentioned departments that must be placed at the disposal of the Community, establishing the terms and conditions according to which such property must be placed at the Community’s disposal.
The Community shall assume no actuarial deficit or obligation resulting therefrom, incurred by any municipality in connection with a pension plan, retirement fund or pension fund of the above-mentioned officers or employees before the date of the coming into force of such plan; no officer or employee of a municipality shall be discharged or laid off by reason of the putting into effect of any plan contemplated in this section.
1969, c. 83, s. 295; 1972, c. 71, s. 21.