138.4. The Community may, by by-law, prescribe rules relating to the transport of waste or residual material between the site where it is removed and the disposal site or the upgrading plant.
It may also, by by-law,
(1) require that any person who so transports waste be the holder of a permit for such purpose;
(2) prescribe the conditions and procedures of issue and renewal of the permit as well as the conditions and procedures of suspension or revocation;
(3) in the cases it determines, require that any person whose waste or residual material is transported furnish a bill of lading to the person who transports it and require that the latter keep the bill of lading in his possession during transportation; require that each of these persons keep a register of all bills of lading furnished or received, as the case may be;
(4) establish classes of waste or residual material;
(5) determine, among the classes of residual material, those which may be upgraded or disposed of;
(6) prescribe procedures for the separation and conditioning of waste or residual material for the purposes of removal, selective collection or upgrading;
(7) determine the management method for residue from residual material upgrading activities.
The Community may, by order, prescribe the form and minimum content of the bill of lading and register. The order shall be published and come into force in the same manner as a by-law and shall be deemed to form part of the by-law to which it relates.
1992, c. 14, s. 18; 1993, c. 67, s. 49; 1995, c. 71, s. 75; 1996, c. 52, s. 72.