82.1. The following contracts must, where they involve an expenditure of more than $20,000 for the Community, be awarded in accordance with section 82.2 or 83:
(1) insurance contracts;
(2) contracts for the performance of work;
(3) contracts for the supply of materials or equipment, including a contract for the lease of equipment with an option to purchase;
(4) contracts for the provision of services other than, subject to the second paragraph of section 83, professional services.
However, the first paragraph does not apply to a contract
(1) whose object is the supply of materials or equipment or the provision of services for which a tariff is fixed or approved by the Government of Canada or Québec or by a minister or body thereof;
(2) whose object is the supply of materials or equipment or the provision of services entered into with a municipal body within the meaning of the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information (chapter A-2.1);
(3) whose purpose is to enable the Community to save energy, entered into for the provision of professional services as well as the performance of work or the supply of materials or equipment or the provision of non-professional services;
(4) whose object is the performance of work to remove, move or reconstruct mains or installations for waterworks, sewers, electricity, gas, steam, telecommunications, oil or other fluids and which is entered into with the owner of the mains or installations, with a municipal body within the meaning of the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information or with a public utility for a price corresponding to the price usually charged by an undertaking generally performing such work;
(5) whose object is the supply of software or the performance of service or maintenance work on computer or telecommunication systems, entered into with an undertaking generally operating in the field, for a price usually charged by such an undertaking for such software or such work;
(6) whose object is the provision of services by a single supplier or by a supplier in a monopoly position in the field of communications, electricity or gas;
(7) whose object is the maintenance of specialized equipment which must be carried out by the manufacturer or his representative.