126.1. Notwithstanding sections 113 to 120.1, the Community and the municipalities whose territories are included in that of the Community and are served by its drinking water supply system may by an agreement settle the apportionment of responsibilities relating to the supply of drinking water between the Community and the municipalities.
The agreement may, in particular,
(1) determine the obligations of each party as regards the plants, water treatment works and water mains and any property intended for the supply of drinking water to the territory of one or several municipalities;
(2) determine the nature of the expenses to be apportioned among the municipalities whose territories are served and the criteria according to which the apportionment is to be effected;
(3) determine the expenses payable by one or some of the municipalities only and the criteria of apportionment among them, as the case may be;
(4) determine which parts of the system belong to the Community and which parts belong to a municipality whose territory is served;
(5) determine the Community’s responsibility as regards the quality of the water supplied by the system;
(6) prescribe any other duty or power of the Community or of a municipality whose territory is served by it in matters concerning the supply of drinking water.
1986, c. 35, s. 2; 1996, c. 2, s. 495.