159.7. The Community may, by by-law,
(1) define and classify the types of waste water and the other substances discharged into a purification works;
(2) determine standards for the construction, maintenance or operation of a purification works, including standards relating to the materials used and standards relating to methods to be applied for the carrying out of any purification works;
(3) regulate or prohibit the discharge of waste water or any substance it determines into a purification works or a watercourse; to that end, establish classes of contaminants or of sources of contamination and determine the maximum quantity or concentration of contaminants allowed in waste water or in substances discharged into a purification works or a watercourse;
(4) determine the method of computing the quantity of waste water or of substances discharged into a purification works; prescribe the use of meters;
(5) require a person or a class of persons discharging waste water or other substances of a class it determines into a purification works to hold a permit issued by the Community; exempt from such requirement any person or class of persons it determines;
(6) determine the qualifications required of an applicant for a permit, the terms and conditions of issue and renewal of the permit, the information and documents to be provided by the applicant and the cases of suspension or revocation of the permit.