159.1. The Community may, by by-law,
(1) regulate or prohibit the emission into the atmosphere of substances liable to be air pollutants and, in particular, determine for each class of such substances the maximum quantity or concentration that may be emitted into the atmosphere;
(2) require every person who carries on an activity liable to cause the emission of an air pollutant, or who possesses or uses an object the use or operation of which may cause such an emission, to hold a permit issued by the Community; determine classes of permits on the basis of the classes of substances emitted into the atmosphere or any other criterion;
(3) determine the qualifications required of an applicant for a permit, the conditions of issue or renewal of the permit, the information and documents to be provided by the applicant and the cases of suspension or revocation of the permit;
(4) determine the procedure for disposing of air pollutants or substances liable to constitute such pollutants;
(5) determine the methods for collecting, analyzing and computing air pollutants or substances whose emission into the air may constitute an air pollutant ; empower the head of the department responsible for air quality or any other officer of the Community the department head designates to have such works and apparatus as the department head or officer considers necessary installed to enable the collection and analysis of a source of air pollution;
(6) prescribe the devices with which the immovables, equipment, facilities and other objects whose use or operation is liable to cause the emission of a pollutant into the atmosphere must be fitted, and determine any other requirement to be met by the owner or user thereof in respect of such devices;
(7) prescribe the powers to be exercised by the head of the department responsible for air quality or by any other officer of the Community the department head designates where the emission of a pollutant into the atmosphere constitutes an immediate danger to the life or health of persons, animals or plants.