16. (1) It shall be the duty of the secretary,—
(a) To attend all sittings of the Commission, unless excused by the Commission or the President;
(b) To keep a record of all proceedings conducted before the Commission;
(c) To have the custody and care of all records and documents of the Commission;
(d) To obey all rules of practice and direction which may be made or given by the Commission touching his duties or office;
(e) To have every order and rule of practice of the Commission drawn up pursuant to the directions of the Commission, signed by the president and filed in the office of the secretary;
(f) To discharge all other duties prescribed by the Government.
(2) The secretary shall have power to administer the oath at any investigation or with respect to any proceeding before the Commission.
(3) The secretary shall keep suitable books of record, in which he shall enter a true copy of every order and rule of practice, and of every other document which the Commission shall order to be entered therein; and such entry shall constitute and be the original of any such order or rule of practice after it has been signed by the president and the secretary.
(4) Upon application of any person, and on payment of such fees as the Government may prescribe, the secretary shall deliver to such applicant a certified copy of any such order, rule of practice or other document.
(5) In the event of the secretary of the Commission being unable to act by reason of sickness, absence or other cause, any member of the Commission may act in his stead or the Commission may replace him temporarily by appointing another person to such office.