390. The following written proceedings remain valid if they were issued before 1 November 1993:
(1) informations and summons;
(2) prior, preliminary or summary notices;
(3) notices of summons or offence or infraction tickets;
(4) 48-hour notices issued under sections 577 and 578 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2) or section 79 of the Act respecting transportation by taxi (chapter T-11.1), or 72-hour notices issued under section 90 of the Act respecting truck transportation (chapter C-5.1) or section 77.1 of the Transport Act (chapter T-12);
(5) notices of mechanical inspection issued under sections 524 and 531 of the Highway Safety Code.
However, if, on that date, prosecution has not begun, a statement of offence must be served before prosecution may begin.