C-25.01 - Code of Civil Procedure

Full text
410. An application for the annulment of a marriage or a civil union, for separation from bed and board or as to property, for a divorce or for dissolution of a civil union may be declared to the land registrar by either of the spouses. Such a declaration must be made if one of the spouses may claim to have a right in an immovable under the matrimonial or civil union regime or if the immovable serving as the family residence is the property of one of the spouses.
The declaration is made by notifying a notice to the land registrar, which the latter enters in the land register. If one of the spouses asks for the cancellation of the entry in the register, the court may order the cancellation subject to a sufficient suretyship being provided.
2014, c. 1, a. 410.