432. The council may make by-laws:
(1) To prohibit any occupant of a house or building supplied with water from the waterworks, from furnishing such water to others, or from using it otherwise than for his own use, or from wasting it;
(2) To prescribe the size, quality, strength, and location of the pipes, valves, cocks, cisterns, water-closets, baths, and other similar apparatus;
(3) To prevent the pollution of the water in the waterworks or reservoirs and the practising of frauds upon the municipality with regard to the supply of water from the waterworks;
(4) To establish the rate for water which may vary for each class of users, in addition to the special taxes mentioned in sections 429 and 431; to supply meters for buildings or establishments, for measuring the quantity of water used therein; and to fix the amount to be paid for the water and rent of meters;
(5) To provide that the water-rate shall be due and payable by instalments, and within such delays as it shall deem proper to fix;
(6) To provide that the legal rate of interest upon the arrears of water-rate shall not be due until the expiration of such delays respectively;
(7) To provide for any other matter or thing of any nature or kind whatsoever, having reference to the waterworks, which it may be necessary to regulate or determine for the proper working of such waterworks.