422. The streets or lanes open to the public for ten years or more shall become the property of the municipality upon the observance of the following formalities:
(1) The council shall approve by resolution a description of all streets or lanes or parts thereof with respect to which the municipality proposes to avail itself of this section;
(2) Such description shall be made according to an official plan and book of reference made and deposited in conformity with the Cadastre Act (chapter C-1);
(3) The original of such description must be deposited in the office of the clerk of the municipality and a copy certified by a land surveyor shall be deposited in the office of the registrar of the registration division where the lands concerned are situated;
(4) The clerk of the municipality shall cause to be published twice in the Gazette officielle du Québec and in a daily newspaper circulating in the municipality, with an interval of not less than three months nor more than four months between publications, a notice containing:
(a) the full text of this section;
(b) a summary description of the streets or lanes concerned;
(c) a declaration to the effect that the formalities prescribed by paragraphs 1 and 2 have been observed.
Any right that third parties might claim to the ownership of the site of the said streets or lanes shall be prescribed unless exercised by suit before the competent court within one year after the last publication in the Gazette officielle du Québec.
The municipality cannot avail itself of this section with respect to streets or lanes on which it has levied any tax within the preceding ten years.
R. S. 1964, c. 193, s. 430.