131.9.The city is not authorized to impose a tax under section 131.8 in respect of
(1) the State, the Crown in right of Canada or one of their mandataries;
(2) a school board, a general and vocational college, a university establishment within the meaning of the University Investments Act (chapter I-17) or the Conservatoire de musique et d’art dramatique du Québec;
(3) a private educational institution operated by a non-profit body in respect of an activity that is carried on in accordance with a permit issued under the Act respecting private education (chapter E-9.1), a private educational institution accredited for purposes of subsidies under that Act or an institution whose instructional program is the subject of an international agreement within the meaning of the Act respecting the Ministère des Relations internationales (chapter M-25.1.1);
(4) a childcare centre within the meaning of the Educational Childcare Act (chapter S-4.1.1);
(5) a public institution within the meaning of the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2);
(6) a private institution referred to in paragraph 3 of section 99 or section 551 of the Act respecting health services and social services in respect of an activity that is carried on in accordance with a permit issued to the institution under that Act and is inherent in the mission of a local community service centre, a residential and long-term care centre or a rehabilitation centre within the meaning of that Act; or
(7) any other person determined by a regulation of the Government.
For the purposes of Division V of Chapter XVIII of the Act respecting municipal taxation (chapter F‑2.1), a tax imposed under section 131.8 does not give entitlement to an amount determined under the first paragraph of section 255 of that Act, nor to a payment provided for in the first paragraph of section 257 of that Act.