131.14. The decision to charge dues is made by a by-law adopted by the regular city council.
The by-law must
(1) identify the regulatory regime and its objectives;
(2) specify to whom the dues are to be charged;
(3) determine the amount of the dues or a way of determining the amount, including any criteria according to which the amount may vary;
(4) establish the reserve fund and expressly identify the purposes for which the sums paid into it may be used; and
(5) state how the dues are to be collected.
The by-law may prescribe collection fees and fees for insufficient funds.
The city shall send an authenticated copy of the by-law to the Minister of Municipal Affairs, Regions and Land Occupancy within 15 days after its adoption.