21.1. The Agency is authorized to accept a mandate from public transit operating authorities to develop, implement and operate an integrated system of public transit ticket sales and revenue collection. A mandate from an operating authority shall be by gratuitous title and shall apply to all aspects of both local tickets, including subway tickets, and metropolitan tickets, including suburban train tickets. The mandate shall specify the duration of the mandate and shall pertain, in particular, to
(1) the choice of and procedure for acquiring, leasing and maintaining the required specialized software and all transit ticket sales and revenue collection equipment;
(2) the management and maintenance of the integrated system;
(3) data management;
(4) the manufacture, printing, distribution and marketing of public transit tickets;
(5) the allocation of metropolitan and local revenues;
(6) the terms and conditions governing the financing and payment of all the property and services to which the mandate applies, including the costs and expenses related to the preparation of a call for public tenders.
In fulfilling its mandate, the Agency may enter into contracts with any person and any partnership, in keeping with the rules governing it. The Agency may also delegate, by gratuitous title, all or part of its mandate to the Société de transport de Montréal and entrust the tasks it determines to the public transit operating authorities it indicates.
1997, c. 59, s. 1; 2001, c. 23, s. 211.