120. The officer designated under paragraph 7 of section 119 shall issue a building permit or a certificate of authorization, where
(1) the application is in conformity with the zoning and building by-laws and, where such is the case, with the by-law adopted under section 116 and with the by-law adopted under section 145.21;
(2) the application is accompanied with all the plans and documents required by by-law and, where such is the case, the plans have been approved in accordance with section 145.19; and
(3) the fee for obtaining the permit or the certificate has been paid.
An application relating to the construction of a new single-family dwelling must also indicate whether the dwelling is intented for the personal use of the applicant or the use of his family and be accompanied with a declaration attesting
(1) that the construction work is to be carried out by a contractor holding the appropriate licence issued under the Building Act (chapter B-1.1) and specifying the number and expiry date of the licence; or
(2) that the applicant is an owner-builder and stating on what grounds he is not required to hold a licence under the Building Act.
The Government may, by regulation, determine what information and documents must be required to support a declaration under the second paragraph and determine to which departments and other bodies the information determined by the Government must be transmitted.
The second and third paragraphs apply notwithstanding any inconsistent provision of a charter or special Act applicable to a municipality.
1979, c. 51, s. 120; 1989, c. 46, s. 5; 1994, c. 32, s. 11; 1995, c. 8, s. 51.