4. In addition to the mandatory equipment prescribed by the Act respecting off-highway vehicles (chapter V-1.2), a side-by-side vehicle must be equipped with
(1) a protection cage, to prevent injuries in the case of a roll-over, made up of at least 2 roll bars linked together by at least 2 struts;
(2) doors or cargo nets for each access to the cab;
(3) an assist handle for each passenger;
(4) a safety belt with at least 3 anchor points for each occupant of the vehicle;
(5) a headrest for each occupant of the vehicle;
(6) an engine with a piston displacement not exceeding 1,000 cc;
(7) low pressure tires; and
(8) a rear view mirror inside the vehicle at the centre of the front upper part of the protection cage.
The equipment must be installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations, to a vehicle for which it was designed.
M.O. 2010-08, s. 4; M.O. 2013-07, s. 2.