5. A school carrier providing chartered transport shall be exempted from holding a chartered transport permit where:
(1) he has a school busing contract with a school board or a private educational institution exercising the powers conferred upon it by the sections mentioned in subparagraph 3 of the first paragraph of section 3;
(2) the point of departure of the chartered trip is situated in the territory:
(a) of the regional board or the school board with which the carrier has a student transportation contract; or
(b) of the regional board or the school board in which the private educational institution with which the carrier has a student transportation contract is situated;
(3) (subparagraph revoked);
(4) the trip is made by a school bus or a school vehicle of the minibus type under the Regulation respecting road vehicles used for the transportation of school children (chapter T-12, r. 17);
(5) the price is fixed per trip irrespective of the number of passengers; and
(6) he signs a contract with his client before the trip containing the particulars under subparagraphs 1 and 3 to 9 of section 52 and sends him a copy thereof.
A school carrier whose school busing contract terminates during the months of May, June, July or August shall be exempted from holding the permit up to the following 1 September.
O.C. 1991-86, s. 5; O.C. 1032-92, s. 2; O.C. 1849-94, s. 3; O.C. 781-2004, s. 1; O.C. 341-2008, s. 2.