16. Notwithstanding section 14, the following persons are not eligible to lease a dwelling in low rental housing:
(1) an applicant who was the lessee of a dwelling in low rental housing and whose lease was cancelled under article 1860 or 1971 of the Civil Code;
(2) an applicant who abandoned a dwelling in low rental housing without notifying the lessor;
(3) an applicant whose household includes a member who is ineligible under subparagraph 1 or 2.
Such ineligibilities shall last for a period not longer than 5 years from the date on which the lease is cancelled or from the date of abandonment.
(4) An applicant or, where applicable, a member of his household who is indebted to a lessor of dwellings in low rental housing for failure to pay rent or for damage caused to the immovable of the lessor, until the debt is extinguished;
(5) an applicant whose total property value and, where applicable, that of the members of his household exceeds the maximum amount determined by by-law of the lessor, where applicable;
(6) an applicant registered as a full-time student in an educational institution; in this subparagraph, the expression “full-time” has the meaning given to it by sections 9 and 10 of the Act respecting financial assistance for education expenses (chapter A-13.3).
Subparagraph 6 of the first paragraph does not apply to an applicant
(1) who lives with a dependent child or who lives as though married with a person who lives with a dependent child;
(2) who is at least 20 weeks pregnant; or
(3) whose capacity for employment is severely limited within the meaning of the Individual and Family Assistance Act (chapter A-13.1.1) and who participates in a Social Assistance and Support Program or measure offered pursuant to that Act.