S-3.3, r. 2 - Regulation respecting rail safety
76. In turnouts and crossings of 2 railway lines,
(1) the fastenings must be maintained so as to keep the components securely in place;
(2) track alignment, surface and gauge must be maintained;
(3) each switch, frog and guard rail must be kept free of obstructions that may interfere with the passage of equipment wheels; and
(4) each flangeway must be clean and at least 3.81 cm (11/2 in.) and not more than 5.08 cm (2 in.) and at least 3.81 cm (11/2 in.) deep.