ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENT TO
THE UNDERSTANDING ON SOCIAL SECURITY
THE GOUVERNEMENT DU QUÉBEC
THE GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND
THE GOVERNEMENT DU QUÉBEC
THE GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND
Considering Article 15 of the Understanding on Social Security between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of Ireland,
Desirous to give application to this Understanding,
Have agreed as follows:
In this Administrative Arrangement,
(a) the term «Understanding» shall mean the Understanding on Social Security between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of Ireland, signed on October 6, 1993;
(b) all other terms shall have the meaning given to them in Article 1 of the Understanding.
1. In accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 15 of the Understanding, the liaison agencies designated by each of the Parties shall be:
(a) as regards Québec, the Direction de l’administration des ententes de sécurité sociale of the ministère des Communautés culturelles et de l’Immigration or any other agency that the competent authority of Québec may subsequently designate;
(b) as regards Ireland, the Department of Social Welfare.
2. The liaison agencies shall have the duties assigned to them by this Arrangement. For the implementation of the Arrangement, they may communicate directly with each other and with any person affected by the Understaning. They shall assist each other in the application of the Understanding.
CERTIFICATE OF COVERAGE
1. For the application of Articles 7 to 11 of the Understanding, when a person remains subject to the legislation of one Party while working in the territory of the other Party, a certificate of coverage shall be issued.
(a) by the liaison agency of Québec, when the person remains subject to the legislation of Québec;
(b) by the Department of Social Welfare of Ireland, when the person remains subject to the legislation of Ireland.
2. The agency issuing the certificate of coverage shall send a copy of that certificate to the other agency mentioned in paragraph 1, to the person concerned and, if applicable, to the employer of that person.
OLD AGE, RETIREMENT, INVALIDITY AND SURVIVORS’ BENEFITS
1. For the application of Part III of the Understanding, a claim for a benefit by virtue of the Understanding may be presented to the liaison agency of either Party, or to the competent institution of the Party whose legislation applies.
2. When a claim for benefit mentioned in paragraph 1 is presented to a liaison agency, that agency shall send that claim to the competent institution of the Party whose legislation is applicable, along with the required supporting documents.
3. When the claim for a benefit referred to in paragraph 2 of Article 16 of the Understanding is presentd to the competent institution of one Party, that institution shall send that claim to the liaison agency of the same Party. The liaison agency shall send that claim to the competent institution of the other Party, along with the required supporting documents.
4. Any information concerning the civil status indicated on a claim shall be certified by the liaison agency transmitting the claim, which shall then be exempt from transmission of the supporting documents.
5. Any original document or a copy thereof shall, on request, be provided by the competent institution or liaison agency of one Party to the competent institution or liaison agency of the other Party.
6. A liaison form shall accompagny the claim and the supporting documents referred to in this Article.
7. If so requested by the competent institution or by the liaison agency of one Party, the liaison agency or the competent institution of the other Party shall indicate the periods of insurance reckonable under the legislation which it applies on the liaison form.
8. As soon as decisions have been taken pursuant to the legislation which it applies, a competent institution shall notify the claimants and inform them about the ways of reconsideration or appeal and time limits for such reconsideration or appeal prescribed by that legislation; the institution shall also inform, by means of the liaison form, the liaison agency of the other Party about the decisions.
REIMBURSEMENT BETWEEN INSTITUTIONS
For the application of Article 23 of the Understanding, at the end of each calendar year, when the competent institution of a Party has produced medical reports, on behalf or at the expense of the competent institution of the other Party, the liaison agency of the first Party shall send to the liaison agency of the other Party a statement listing the fees pertaining to the medical reports produced during the year under consideration, indicating the amount owed. That statement shall be accompanied by supporting documents.
Any forms or other documents necessary to implement the procedures prescribed by the Administrative Arrangement shall be determined by common agreement by the competent institutions and the agencies responsible for the application of the Understanding for each of the Parties.
The liaison agencies of both Parties shall exchange, in the form agreed upon, statistical data concerning the payments made to beneficiaries during each calendar year under the Understanding. Such data shall include the number of beneficiaries and the total amount of benefits, by benefit category.
COMING INTO FORCE AND DENUNCIATION
The Administrative Arrangement shall come into force on the same date as the Understanding. The denunciation of the Understanding carries the denunciation of the Administrative Arrangement.
Done at Québec, on October 6, 1993, in duplicate, in the French and English languages, both texts being equally authentic.
FOR THE GOUVERNEMENT DU QUÉBEC
Minister of International Affairs
FOR THE GOVERNEMNT OF IRELAND
DR. MICHAEL WOODS T.D.,
Minister of Social Welfare