ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENT FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE UNDERSTANDING ON SOCIAL SECURITY BETWEEN QUÉBEC AND THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY OF QUÉBEC
THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY OF THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
Considering Article 17 of the Understanding on Social Security between Québec and the Republic of Croatia,
Have agreed as follows:
In this Administrative Arrangement,
(a) the term “Understanding” shall mean the Understanding on Social Security between Québec and the Republic of Croatia signed on;
(b) all other terms shall have the meaning given to them in Article 1 of the Understanding.
In accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 17 of the Understanding, the liaison agencies designated by each of the Parties shall be:
(a) as regards Québec, the Direction des équivalences et des ententes de sécurité sociale of the Ministère des Relations avec les citoyens et de l’Immigration or any other agency that the competent authority of Québec may subsequently designate;
(b) as regards Croatia, the Workers’ Old age And Disability Insurance Fund of the Republic of Croatia, Zagreb central service (Republicki Fond Mirovinskog i Invalidskog Osiguranja Radnika Hrvatske, Centralna Sluzba u Zagrebu).
CERTIFICATE OF COVERAGE
(1) For the application of Articles 7 to 11 of the Understanding, when a person remains subject to the statutes of one Party while working in the territory of the other Party, a certificate of coverage shall be issued
(a) by the liaison agency of Québec, when the person remains subject to the statutes of Québec;
(b) by the liaison agency of Croatia, when the person remains subject to the statutes of Croatia.
(2) The liaison agency issuing the certificate of coverage shall send a copy of that certificate to the other liaison agency mentioned in paragraph 1, to the person in question and, if applicable, to the person’s employer.
RETIREMENT, DISABILITY AND SURVIVORS’ BENEFITS
(1) For the purposes of Part III of the Understanding, a claim for a benefit under the Understanding may be presented to the liaison agency of either Party, or to the competent institution of the Party whose statutes apply.
(2) When a claim for benefit mentioned in paragraph 1 is presented to a liaison agency, that agency shall send the claim to the competent institution of the Party whose statutes are applicable, along with the required supporting documents.
(3) When the claim for benefits referred to in paragraph 2 of Article 18 of the Understanding is received by the competent institution of one Party, that institution shall send the claim to the liaison agency of the same Party. The liaison agency shall forward the claim to the competent institution of the other Party, along with the required supporting documents.
(4) Any information on civil status appearing on a liaison form shall be certified by the liaison agency forwarding the claim, which shall then be exempt from forwarding supporting documents.
(5) Any original document or copy thereof shall be kept by the liaison agency to which it was first submitted and a copy shall be put at the disposal of the competent institution of the other Party if so requested.
(6) A liaison form shall accompany the claim and the supporting documents referred to in this Article.
(7) If so requested by the competent institution or by the liaison agency of one Party, the liaison agency or the competent institution of the other Party shall indicate, on the liaison form, the periods of insurance recognized under the statutes it administers.
(8) As soon as decisions with respect to claims have been made pursuant to the statutes it administers, the competent institution shall notify the claimant and inform the claimant about recourses and time limits for such recourse prescribed by such statute ; the competent institution shall also inform the other Party’s liaison agency of the decisions by means of the liaison form.
REIMBURSEMENT BETWEEN INSTITUTIONS
For the purposes of Article 25 of the Understanding, at the end of each calendar year, when the competent institution of a Party has paid benefits or has had medical examinations carried out on behalf or at the expense of the competent institution of the other Party, the liaison agency of the first Party shall send to the liaison agency of the other Party a statement of benefits paid or of the fees pertaining to the medical examinations carried out during that year, indicating the amount owed. Supporting documents shall be attached.
Any form or other document necessary to implement the procedures prescribed by the Administrative Arrangement shall be determined by common agreement by the competent institutions and the agencies responsible for the administration of the Understanding for each of the Parties.
The liaison agencies of both Parties may exchange, in the form agreed upon, statistical data concerning the payments made to beneficiaries during each calendar year under the Understanding. Such data shall include the number of beneficiaries and the total amount of benefits, by benefit category.
COMING INTO FORCE AND TERM
The Administrative Arrangement shall come into force on the same date as the Understanding and they shall both have the same term.
Done at Montréal on 25 October 1999, in duplicate, in the French and Croatian languages, both texts being equally authentic.
For the Gouvernement For the Government of the
du Québec Republic of Croatia
ROBERT PERREAULT, ANDRIJA JAKOVCEVIC,