1.2. An absence without pay is
(1) an absence of the employee owing to a strike or a lock-out;
(2) an absence of the employee owing to a disciplinary suspension and for which the employee receives no pay;
(3) an absence within 36 months after the date of a person’s dismissal owing to disability;
(4) an absence within 24 months after the date of a person’s dismissal owing to a cause other than disability; and
(5) an absence after the date of dismissal of the person concerned, to the extent that it is agreed that the absence must be considered to be an absence without pay in an agreement entered into after 6 May 2016 and before 17 July 2018.
For the purposes of subparagraphs 3 and 4 of the first paragraph, the absence must be agreed to in an agreement entered into after 16 July 2018 terminating the dismissal complaint. In addition, the absence must not be later than the earliest date on which the person would be entitled to a pension if the person ceased to participate in the plan on that date.
A person on a leave of absence described in subparagraph 3, 4 or 5 of the first paragraph is considered to be an employee.