38. The purpose of redevelopment and restoration is to reinsert the quarry or sand pit into the environment after the permanent cessation of the mining of surface mineral substances. The quarry or sand pit is considered to be closed when the redevelopment and restoration are completed.
The redevelopment and restoration must in particular achieve the following objectives:
(1) eliminating unacceptable risks to health and ensuring the safety of persons;
(2) preventing the release of contaminants likely to adversely affect the environment;
(3) eliminating all long-term maintenance or follow-up;
(4) restoring the site to a condition compatible with its previous use.