83. The requirements of this Division continue to apply, with the necessary modifications, to a permanently closed engineered landfill, for as long as the landfill is likely to be a source of contamination.
Once a landfill is closed, the owner is responsible, in particular,
(1) for maintaining the integrity of the final cover over the landfilled residual materials;
(2) for monitoring and maintaining the leachate or water collection and treatment systems, the biogas collection and evacuation or removal system and the network of groundwater observation wells;
(3) for the carrying out of samplings, analyses and measurements of leachate, water and biogas; and
(4) for leak testing the leachate or water collection pipes situated outside the landfill disposal areas and every component in the leachate or water treatment system.