72. The operator of an engineered landfill must form a committee within 6 months after landfilling operations commence that is to exercise the function provided for in section 57 of the Environment Quality Act (chapter Q-2).
To that end, the operator is to invite in writing the following bodies and groups to designate a representative on the committee:
(1) the local municipality in which the landfill is situated;
(2) the metropolitan community and the regional county municipality in which the landfill is situated;
(3) the persons residing in the vicinity of the landfill;
(4) a local or regional environmental protection group or body;
(5) a local or regional group or body likely to be affected by the landfill.
The operator’s representative designated by the operator is also to sit on the committee.
Any vacancy on the committee is to be filled in keeping with the procedure described in the second paragraph.
Failure by 1 or more bodies or groups to designate a representative does not prevent the committee from operating ; the committee is to exercise its functions even though 1 or more members have yet to be designated.