60. Every person who contravenes section 10, the second or third paragraph of section 11, section 12 or 13, paragraph 2 of section 19, the second paragraph of section 22, section 26, 31 or 38, paragraph 2 of section 42 or subparagraph 1 or 2 of the second paragraph of section 43 commits an offence and is liable, in the case of a natural person, to a fine of $4,000 to $250,000 or, in other cases, to a fine of $12,000 to $1,500,000.
Every person who fails
(1) to keep, at all times, a system referred to in section 18 in working order or to carry out the tests or maintenance or cleaning work depending on the frequency set out in the authorization,
(2) to ensure that the components of the leachate treatment system are leakproof in accordance with section 18,
(3) to take a groundwater sample if contaminants are detected or have them analyzed in accordance with section 33,
(4) to close a burial site within the time provided for in section 40,
(5) to have a certified and independent professional prepare an assessment provided for in the first paragraph of section 47, within the time provided for in that section,
also commits an offence and is liable to the same fines.
O.C. 843-2001, s. 60; O.C. 665-2013, s. 4; I.N. 2019-12-01.