P-13.1, r. 2.2 - Regulation respecting the selection procedure and the training of investigators of the Bureau des enquêtes indépendantes
10. A committee member whose impartiality could be questioned must withdraw with respect to a candidate, including in the following situations:
(1) the member is or was the candidate’s spouse;
(2) the member is related to the candidate by birth, marriage or civil union, up to the degree of first cousin inclusively;
(3) the member is a partner, employer or employee of the candidate or was such a partner, employer or employee in the last 2 years;
(4) the member is or was under the direct supervision of the candidate or is or was the candidate’s immediate superior in the last 2 years.