7. A member of the monitoring committee is deemed not to be independent
(1) if the member has direct or indirect relations or interests of a financial or commercial nature with the licence holder;
(2) if the member is or was, during the 2 years preceding the date of appointment, employed by the holder or by one of the holder’s wholly-owned subsidiaries, or if the member is related to a person holding such employment;
(3) if the member is employed by the Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles or by the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques; and
(4) if the member is an employee or a commissioner of the Régie de l’énergie.
For the purposes of this section, “related person” means persons connected by blood relationship, marriage, civil union, de facto union or adoption.