162. The amount up to which a pipeline construction or use authorization holder is liable for the purposes of the no-fault liability regime, in the case of a pipeline used to gather or transport natural gas is determined according to the coefficient equivalent to multiplication of the squared outside diameter of the pipeline, measured in cm, by the maximum operating pressure, measured in MPa and by the length of the pipeline in km.
That amount is
(1) $10,000,000 if the coefficient is less than 150,000;
(2) $25,000,000 if the coefficient is between 150,000 and 499,999;
(3) $50,000,000 if the coefficient is between 500,000 and 1,000,000; and
(4) $200,000,000 dollars if the coefficient is greater than 1,000,000.
However, where a pipeline used for gathering or transporting natural gas is located in a lake whose area is greater than 1,000 km2 or in a marine environment, the amount is $1,000,000,000.