In force: 2018-09-20
45. The authorization holder who uses an explosive energy source must not position the shotpoints
(1) less than 10 m from a pipe that is not made of concrete;
(2) less than 15 m from a submerged telecommunication infrastructure or any other submerged installation or infrastructure of the same type;
(3) less than 32 m from a pipeline or another installation or infrastructure of the same type, the casing head of an existing wellbore or, if the charge exceeds 2 kg, less than a distance corresponding to the following formula:
A + B × 4 = C
A is 32 m
B is the explosive charge, in kg
C is the minimum separation distance;
(4) less than 180 m from a high-capacity dam, within the meaning of the Dam Safety Act (chapter S-3.1.01);
(5) less than 200 m from a transmission line having a voltage equal to or greater than 69,000 V; or
(6) less than 200 m from a concrete pipe, if the explosive charge exceeds 12 kg.
The distances must be measured horizontally, in a straight line, from each energy source to the nearest point of the elements referred to in the first paragraph.
The Minister may allow the reduction of the distances if the authorization holder demonstrates to the Minister that an effective protective measure reduces risks.