17. A licence holder must ensure to carry out activities in order to eliminate or reduce to a minimum the volume of gas released into the atmosphere.
To that end, the licence holder must in particular
(1) contribute to the combustion of gases using a pilot ignition at the flare or other device, or their recovery, where possible;
(2) implement a leak inspection plan;
(3) select and install equipment according to the best practices; and
(4) prepare equipment operating procedures according to the best practices.