36. In awarding contracts involving an expenditure below the public tender threshold described in section 7, the Chief Electoral Officer must proceed in accordance with the principles set out in this Regulation, particularly those stated in section 2.
To ensure sound management of such contracts, the Chief Electoral Officer must, among other things, consider whether to:
(1) make a public call for tenders or issue an invitation to tender;
(2) use a rotation system among the tenderers or contractors with which it deals, or seek new tenderers or contractors;
(3) implement provisions to control the amount of such contracts and of any related additional expenditure, especially in the case of contracts by mutual agreement, in compliance with section 37; or
(4) set up a monitoring mechanism to ascertain the effectiveness and efficiency of the contracting process used for contracts involving an expenditure below the public tender threshold specified in section 7.