In force: 2018-04-01
39. Water for washing logging machines may be discharged in the forest only if all the following conditions are met:
(1) washing is not done at the top of a slope leading directly to an open peat bog, a marsh, a swamp, a lake or a watercourse;
(2) the washing is limited to the engine space;
(3) washing is done using high pressure equipment and without degreasing agents;
(4) a geotextile membrane is placed under the logging machine to collect the residues dislodged by washing;
(5) the geotextile membrane and dislodged residues must be recovered and disposed of in accordance with the Regulation respecting hazardous materials (chapter Q-2, r. 32).
Despite the first paragraph, washing water may be discharged in the forest provided that it is treated on the site and that it does not contain more than 30 mg/l of suspended matter and 15 mg/l of hydrocarbons (C10-C50).
Residues from washing and water treatment on the site must be recovered and disposed of in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.