33. Harvesting is prohibited in the riparian shrub swamps whose ecological type is one of the following forests:
(1) silver maple, elm, ash forest (FO18);
(2) black ash, fir forest on hydric drainage (MF18);
(3) yellow birch, fir, sugar maple forest on hydric drainage (MJ18);
(4) fir, yellow birch forest on hydric drainage (MS18);
(5) fir, red maple forest on hydric drainage (MS68);
(6) fir, white cedar forest (RS18).
Harvesting is allowed in riparian shrub swamps whose ecological type is not one of those referred to in the first paragraph. However, the travel of logging machines during harvest may not result in the natural drainage of the soil being disturbed.
This section does not apply to the holder of a forestry permit issued for wildlife, recreational or agricultural development projects who carries out forest management activities required for wildlife development projects, nor to the holder of a forestry permit issued for public utility works.